The most commonly asked question is where to find good fabrics… The obvious choice is to visit a fabric store which offers a good variety with quality fabrics…
With that in mind, I have decided to compile a list of fabric stores for makers/designers, anyone wanting to create something from cloth.
Happy fabric shopping and pleasant making!
- Tessuti Fabrics – Specialising in designer fabrics Tessuti offers a beautiful range from wools, silks, cottons, linens and lace from local and european designers. You can find Tessuti fabrics in Melbourne and Sydney – Surry Hills | Chatswood
- The fabric store – With a focus on natural fibres The fabric store (or as I had previously known as Global fabrics) have a beautiful choice of silks, linens, Liberty of London prints and merino! Their Australian stores are located in Melbourne | Sydney | Brisbane. New Zealanders and Californians also get the luxury of shopping here.
- Charles Parsons – a huge selection of fabrics can be found here from sports, fashion, bridal and bedding the list goes on. A bit more widespread throughout Australia Charles Parsons can be found in Melbourne | Sydney | Adelaide | Brisbane | Perth
- Tyler’s Fabrics Specialising in Silks and Lace this Bridal and Evening fabric store is located in Richmond, Melbourne.
- Vivienna Lorikeet more Bridal and Evening fabrics can be found here in Melbourne, they also sell wholesale if your store is looking to supply something different.
- The House of Franke Stuart Located in Hawthorn, Melbourne -has a broad range of laces, velvets and silks if your looking for some colour variety.
- Fabrics@123 A local store in the town of Colac, western VIC.
This list will be constantly updated as we come across more and new stores, so if you feel we have missed a store or YOUR store please let us know and we will happily add it.
NB: This is an unpaid for advertisement bought to you by MD ✌️